FULL support group membership is for larger, established patient support groups at a cost of R1 000 per annum. Benefits (valued at R25 000 per year) include:
- Access to a broad range of information affecting the CD community;
- Input into policy formation;
- Access to relevant stakeholder networks including wider support group community, medical fraternity, government agencies and organs of state (including National Department of Health and Presidential War Room) and international and regional bodies;
- A platform for active networking;
- Access to relevant community workshops and stakeholder events convened by GA-SA and its partners in the NPO, private and public sectors (including 1 entry to the Patient Huddle and shared exhibition space with GA-SA at relevant fora);
- Addition to GA-SA member and advocacy mailing lists;
- Regular and breaking member alert updates and newsletter;
- Immediate access to the GA-SA member portal by gatekeeper representative;
- Listing and link on the GA-SA website and social media platforms;
- Use of the GA-SA boardroom for 2 hours per month;
- Co-branding and shared exhibition space with GA-SA at relevant fora;
- Immediate receipt of GA-SA media statements and releases;
- Use of GA-SA logo as an endorsement; and
- Being a part of the unified, collective voice of the CD community in South Africa.
Criteria for FULL membership includes:
- Registration with Department of Social Development (valid NPO number);
- Have a clear vision, mission and strategy;
- Established membership (relative to disease incidence);
- Regular, appropriate communication with members, and;
- Linkages with key stakeholders.
Please complete and submit the form below to apply for membership and we’ll connect with you soon!